We are passionately committed to revolutionizing access to effective behavioral health therapy.
This website (together with any successor site(s), computer systems, cloud-based platforms, software, and mobile or desktop-based platforms, hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Services”) are operated by TAO Connect, Inc. (hereinafter, “TAO Connect,” “we,” “our”).
Information Collection and Use
Collection of Personal Information
Information you provide to us
TAO Connect may collect personal information from you directly when you interact with our Services, including through TAO Connect’s customers, contact us, use our services, create an account, subscribe, share reviews, sign up to receive offers or emails from us, or purchase our products or services.
Information we obtain indirectly
We may receive personal information about you from our customers, third-party affiliates or partners and from marketing companies that provide us with such information as a part of their relationship with us, including Covered Entities. We may combine this with data that we already have collected about you. Such collected data could include contact details (such as email address) and previous purchase history or interests.
Information collected automatically
Categories of Personal Information
TAO Connect may collect any or all of the following categories of Personal Information:
- Contact information,
- Authentication information including user name and password
- Financial information,
- Comments, reviews, and suggestions,
- Personal characteristics including age, date of birth, gender, marital status, and nationality,
- Personal preferences including product preferences, online preferences, and interests,
- Protected Health Information (as defined by applicable law),
- Online behavior information including online activity, preferences, and time spent viewing features, and
- Usage data including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address or mobile network information, browser type, browser version, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
In addition, where allowed by applicable law, we may collect anonymized data or information that is not in a personally identifiable form. If we combine information that is not in personally identifiable form with information that is identifiable, we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
Use of Your Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from you in order to provide Services to you, as well as to Covered Entities for purposes of fulfilling our service obligations to Covered Entities. We only collect and process the minimum amount of personal information from you that is necessary to the purposes of our information processing activities and we retain such information only if required to fulfill such purposes. Additionally, any Protected Health Information collected from you or a Covered Entity is kept private and confidential.
TAO Connect may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
To manage your account: to manage your registration as a user of the Service.
For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
To process payments by you for the Services.
To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
To comply with legal requests and requirements.
For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
Where applicable, if TAO Connect intends to further process your personal information for a purpose other than that for which the personal information was initially collected, TAO Connect shall, prior to such processing, provide you with any relevant information on such additional purpose, and, to the extent required by applicable law, obtain your consent for this.
Disclosure and Retention
TAO Connect does not trade, rent, or sell your personal information to third parties.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers that perform services and functions on our behalf to help us operate and manage our Services, monitor and analyze the use of our Service, process payments, or contact You. These vendors and service providers will have access to your personal information in order to provide these services, but when this occurs we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections to limit their use of that information to helping us provide our Service and support our interactions with you.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions where you have consented to such disclosure.
- With other users: when You share personal information with or otherwise interact with other users such information may be viewed and shared by those users.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Information
The Company will retain Your Personal Information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. We will retain and use Your Personal Information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
Should you delete your account with us, if permitted by law, we will delete all Personal Information we have collected and cease contact with you in the above-referenced manner as soon as practicable.
The Company may retain anonymized usage data for internal analysis purposes and to comply with legal requirements.
Transfer of Your Personal Information
Your information, including Personal Information, is processed at the TAO Connect’s operating offices in the United States or Canada and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. Although we will primarily store and process your data within the United States or Canada, this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction.
As a result, your personal information may be subject to data protection and other laws that may differ from your country of residence. Your personal information may be disclosed in response to inquiries or requests from government authorities or to respond to judicial process in the countries in which we operate. By using the Service, or by providing us with any information, you consent to the collection, processing, maintenance, and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as, or equivalent to, those in the country where you reside or are a citizen.
Safeguards and Security
The security of Your Personal Information is important to us.
We use appropriate safeguards and follow reasonable commercial standards to prevent the unauthorized use or disclosure of Personal Information. We have implemented administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that reasonably and appropriately protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data that we may receive or transmit. Please be advised, however, that while we take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information, such measures cannot be guaranteed to be secure. TAO Connect cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your personal information.
In the event of a data breach, TAO Connect will report such breach pursuant to applicable laws.
You are solely responsible for the privacy and security of any information that you may upload through our Services. The security of your account relies on your protection of your user profile information. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your user profile information, including your password and for all activities that occur under your account. You may not share your password with anyone. We will never ask you to send your password or other sensitive information to us in an email, though we may ask you to enter this type of information to access your account. Any email or other communication purporting to be from one of our websites requesting your password or asking you to provide sensitive account information via email, should be treated as unauthorized and suspicious and should be reported to us immediately by email. If you believe someone else has obtained access to your password, please change it immediately by logging in to your account and report it immediately by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Services not intended for children under the age of thirteen (13), and if you are under the age of thirteen (13) you are not permitted to use the Services. TAO Connect will never knowingly request or collect personal information from any child. If you are under thirteen (13) years old, please do not provide your information on our Site. Upon notification that a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete the child’s personally identifiable information from our records. If you believe we might have any information from a child, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your Personal Information Requests
You may make the following requests regarding your personal information:
- Request to Access. You may submit a request to obtain a copy of or access to the personal information that TAO Connect has collected on you.
- Request to Know. You may submit a request to receive information about TAO Connect’s data collection practices. You may request information on the categories of personal information collected; the categories of data collection sources; TAO Connect’s business or commercial purpose for collecting or disclosing personal information; the categories of third parties with whom TAO Connect shares personal information, if any; and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Please note that the categories of personal information and sources will not exceed what is contained in this Policy. Additionally, TAO Connect is not required to retain any information about you if it is only used for a one-time transaction and would not be maintained in the ordinary course of business. TAO Connect is also not required to reidentify personal information if it is not stored in that manner already, nor is it required to provide the personal information to you more than twice in a twelve-month period.
- Request to Correct. You may correct or update your personal information at any time by logging into your account or by contacting us.
- Request to Withdraw Consent. If at any time you wish to stop receiving communications from us, please just let us know by updating your settings, using the unsubscribe feature in the marketing email you received, or by contacting us. In your correspondence to us, please indicate that you wish to “unsubscribe.” If you wish to otherwise withdraw your consent to our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, you may do so at any time by contacting us. Such withdrawal of consent may result in the termination of your access to our Services if the collection, use, or disclosure is required for the Service.
- Request to Delete. You may request that TAO Connect delete your personal information. Subject to certain exceptions set out below we will, on receipt of a verifiable request, delete your personal information from our records and direct any service providers to do the same.
Please note that we may not delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected;
- provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive activity, and take all necessary and appropriate steps to mitigate current and future risk;
- debug and repair internal information technology as necessary;
- undertake internal research for technological development and demonstration;
- exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
TAO Connect may not, and will not, treat you differently because of your request activity. As a result of your request activity, we may not and will not deny goods or services to you; charge different rates for goods or services; provide a different level quality of goods or services; or suggest any of the preceding will occur. However, we can and may charge you a different rate, or provide a different level of quality, if the difference is reasonably related to the value provided by your personal information.
To submit a request regarding your Personal Information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at TAO Connect, Inc. c/o Data Protection Officer, 650 Cleveland St #1945, Clearwater, FL 33757. If you choose to submit a request, you must provide us with enough information to identify you in order to comply with your request. We will not be able to respond to your request if we cannot verify that the person making the request is the person about whom we collected information, or someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
The technologies We use may include:
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default but will allow you to see what cookies you have, delete them on an individual basis, or block cookies from particular or all websites (“opting out”). Please note that if you choose to remove, reject, or opt- out from cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our website.
We may use Online Identification Technologies to store registration information in an area of the Website so that you do not need to enter it on subsequent visits to make navigation of this Website easier for you and to facilitate efficient registration processes.
Currently, our Services do not respond to a “Do Not Track” or similar signal. “Do Not Track” is a preference you can set to let the websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting information about you.
- By email: email@example.com
- By mail: TAO Connect, Inc. c/o Data Protection Officer, 650 Cleveland St #1945, Clearwater, FL 33757
Tao has been helpful in giving me basic tools to pursue wellness in my day to day and helped me start finding answers to questions. Like why drama happens in relationships and how I can help myself calm down in a high stress situation.